Reply by Bath Fitter

2014-05-06
Dear Mr. Ouellette,

Since 1998, Bath Fitter has been proudly serving consumers in the Grimsby, Hamilton, Brantford Ontario areas with impeccable integrity and service record. We count more than 15,000 bathroom remodelling projects completed for homeowners in the region since.

After reviewing your file and discussing with our team in Grimsby, we respectfully disagree with your claims. As attempted to explain directly with you the reason for our position is because when you contracted your remodelling project you informed the representative that you were selling your home and wanted to expedite your bathroom remodeling despite us only having availabilities for scheduling installations a few weeks away. As such, to accelerate the order and manufacturing of your specific custom-made product to speed things up you wanted us to waive the 10 days cancellation period provided within the Ontario Consumer Act so we could at least order the products right away. We strongly disagree with your statement that you were “pressured into it.” Our employees conduct business with the most rigorous integrity.

We went on and proceeded with the immediate ordering of your made-to-measure product needed for your bathroom, requesting its rush delivery from our manufacturing facility to our store. Shortly before the agreed installation date and after the 10 day period elapsed after the signature of the contract you notified us that you had sold your house and wished to cancel the contracted installation. At that time you were notified that unfortunately there would not be a refund of your deposit because we had custom-made products manufactured expressly for your bathroom. We believe our team in Grimsby acted in good faith to assist you and followed your specific instructions to satisfy your need for a rapid execution of your bathroom remodeling because of your home being on the resale market.

We are sorry for being in a disagreement and wish for your understanding.

2014-04-30
Hi Todd,
we have been informed by the local office you had agreed to waive the 10 day cancellation clause back on March 25th when you contracted your project in order for an immediate install. The policy states you can cancel the install but since the clause was waived, the deposit cannot be returned.
We apologize for the inconvenience, if you have any further questions, please write to us at customercare@bathfitter.com.
Thank you.​

2014-04-10
Hi Todd,
thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will be contacting the local office regarding this incident - we apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for taking the time provide this information to us.
If you have any questions please reach our team at customercare@bathfitter.com.
Author's

Update by user May 04, 2014

On further reflection, I'm sorry but this response is absolutely pathetic.I really expected better from Bath Fitter.

I had used your outfit in the past and was satisfied with the results. This time ...not so much!

It is true that I waived the cancellation clause, but I was pressured into it by your sales rep "Tim" or I would have to wait months to get anything done!!!! That I cannot do, as I'm trying to sell my house!!!!!

I personally don't think its unreasonable to return the whole deposit.

If the plastic is of no use and will go into a landfill as per Tim, then give me the item that I essentially paid for. According to Tim that can't be done. Why can't that be done? I believe the simple reason is that Bath Fitter will use it on another job and pocket the extra money.

Not hard to figure out that scenario.

Your apology is unaccepted and I have full intentions of escalating this, to warn the public of your underhanded and deceptive policies.

Regards

Todd Ouellete

Update by user May 03, 2014

I'm not surprised by this. Pretty sleazy way of ripping off customers. I definitely will not be using your company in the future, nor will I ever recommend Bath Fitters to anyone I associate with.

Update by user Apr 29, 2014

To date (April 29, 2014) I have not been contacted by anyone from Bathfitters - Grimsby. All the more reason to never do business with this outfit!!

Original review posted by user Apr 08, 2014

We decided to put our home up for sale this spring and booked Bath Fitters Hamilton to re-do the tub and shower.It was extremely expensive and we left a $600.00 deposit.

Our house quickly sold before it could be done and we had to cancel as the new owners did not want it done. They had other plans. Needless to say, we can't get our deposit back. I was given a BS excuse that the tub is custom fit and can't be used (I'm sure there are a lot of old same size "American Standards" out there).

I suggested 1/2 back or I would pick up the tub, since its no good to anyone, and even that was rejected. Be Very Careful, when dealing with these guys!!!!

I certainly will not ever use them in the future.Very unprofessional outfit.

Had an Experience with Bath Fitter?