Reply by Bath Fitter May 31

Hi Cam, thank you for expressing your concern. Customer service is aware of your issue and will contact your local branch directly. Thanks again for reaching out.
Author's

We contacted the Bath Fitter Winnipeg office on 349 Johnson Avenue for our seasonal home.We specifically asked what effect 'shifting' of our residence would have on their product.

We were advised to speak to the consultant since their warranty does not cover shifting. When the consultant arrived at our residence, we spoke about the shifting and provided examples to demonstrate the severity of our concern. The consultant decided to further discuss this with another individual at Bath Fitter to confirm the suitability of the product in our home. After the consultant phoned us and reassured us that the product was deemed suitable for our seasonal residence, we authorized the installation.

We relied upon and trusted the recommendation made by the Bath Fitter Winnipeg consultant. He deemed the product suitable for our residence knowing we had concerns about shifting. After 2 months we closed our summer home. In February 2017, we went to check on our residence.

We were shocked and disappointed to see the wall and the tub had separated. We phoned Bath Fitter and they mentioned this was not covered by the warranty. We told them we had been aware of this and it was recommended by the sales manager to discuss this with the consultant. We further mentioned that it was the consultant of Bath Fitter who told us we would have 'no worries' with this product.

Bath Fitter Winnipeg also told us that shifting in Winnipeg often occurred and they had a 'high volume' of service calls in this matter. This was the first time this had been mentioned and we were concerned why this information had been omitted during our discussion of shifting 7 months prior. Bath Fitter stated they would come out to repair the damage for $110.00 and then this person said they would waive the fee for this one time. This did not satisfy us since we knew this shifting/damage would most likely be a regular problem.

We contacted the Better Business Bureau in Winnipeg. We were not able to resolve this dispute. Our complaint will remain on Bath Fitter Winnipeg's profile until April 2020.

We remain committed in obtaining a long-term solution to this problem with Bath Fitter installation.Bath Fitter Winnipeg must take responsibility for misrepresenting and omitting pertinent information which directly influenced our decision to proceed with the bathroom renovation.

Review about: Bath Fitter Bathtub Installation.

I liked: Initial appearance of the bathtub.

I didn't like: Bath fitter assured us the item was suitable and it was not.

1.7
Turnaround Time
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $3700
Preferred solution We would like to have a long-term solution. Bath Fitter Winnipeg must cover the repairs under the 'lifetime warranty' including parts, labour and travel expenses.

Had an Experience with Bath Fitter?