Reply by Bath Fitter

Hi Daniel, we reached out to your local office and have learned all issues with your tub have been resolved free of charge. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at customercare@bathfitter.com anytime. Thank you.
Author's

Contacted the Bath Fitter in Livonia, MI.concerning the silicon caulk separating from the wall and tub and the black mold in the caulk.

I was told by the person on the phone that there would be a $75.00 charge to replace the caulk. The information I received on the flier supplied by the salesman stated very clearly that "Material, Labor, and installation are GUARANTEED. The Bath Fitter Lifetime Warranty affords you the peace of mind you deserve." The Bath Fitter product was installed in April of 2011. The first tub liner installed did not fit correctly and had to be replaced.

At that time the caulk had to be removed and replaced. Sometime later the caulk began separating from the wall and tub and had to be replaced again. We are now only 3 years and 2 weeks into a "LIFETIME GUARANTEE" and the caulk is separating again and needs to be replace and has black mold growing in the caulk. I believe the cause of the separation is due to the old caulk not being thoroughly cleaned before the new was applied.

Most silicon caulk/sealant for bathroom applications are mold proof and guaranteed for approximately 20 to 30 years. The silicon caulk/sealant that I applied to the shower doors, that were installed at the same time, show absolutely NO SIGHS OF SEPARATING OR MOLD GROWTH. Bath Fitter WILL NOT sell a tube of caulk that matches the color of the tub and wall surround so the homeowner can do the repair so you are captive and must pay Bath Fitter $75.00 to replace their defective material that "Material, Labor, and installation are GUARANTEED. The Bath Fitter Lifetime Warranty affords you the peace of mind you deserve." When I told the person on the phone I would be filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau due to the fact that I MUST PAY Bath Fitter $75.00 to get a proper repair, because they WILL NOT sell the caulk to the homeowner, I was told "WELL DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO".

Customer service at it's finest.NO WHERE ON THE PAPER WORK I RECEIVED OR ON THE BATH FITTER WEBSITE IS THERE ANY REFERENCE TO AN EXCEPTION TO THE LIFETIME GUARANTEE OF THE WARRANTY COVERING THE "MATERIAL, LABOR, AND INSTALLATION."

Had an Experience with Bath Fitter?