Mel Lwc

Horrible company

The salesman for the company is a LIAR. He showed us on his fancy little iPad what we had agreed to pay for but then deleted the part about covering our old tub, even after we discussed how we wanted it done. We already paid 1500 dollars for them to cover 3 little walls, now they want another 2150, without doing the tub. Who in their right mind would agree to pay 3650 for 3 little walls? We could redo the entire bathroom for around 9000. Then the best part is, after we said we weren't willing to pay the balance, they immediately threatened to put a lien on our house and have been calling my wife's cell phone over 45 times in two days from unlisted/no caller id numbers. It's harassment, but I wouldn't expect anything less from this terrible company. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS EXTORTIONIST COMPANY.
Cons:
  • Too many to list

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Avoid this company at all cost.

Dennis L Jad

| map-marker Kentville, Nova Scotia

Very disappointed

When the tech came to measure our shower, as we wanted a new one put in, the tech told us he could make our current shower wider and longer, 48 by 36 inches, we were so excited, as our our older shower was 34x34. So we had agreed to this, and with all the new hardware, and shower ceiling. When the installers showed up 4 months later, they tore the exciting shower out, and noticed we had beams behind it, which was something we told the tech who did all the new measurements, this could happen. With this being said, the install had to be put on hold. We were told Bath Fitter would have to order us a new smaller shower, and wait another 2 weeks. We called the office to see if what we had originally paid for, and was not able to be installed as it was too big, if our bill would be adjusted to reflect the smaller unit. After much discussion over the phone, they would only reduce our bill by was $250.00, as they told us that Bath Fitter would have to absorb the cost of the larger one which was too big for our space. Again, we did not do the measurements, the head tech did those, but we still had to pay for it. With our smaller shower they did not have to hammer out the cement floor to put in a new drain in. When I told the employee Carol on the phone, that the $250 was not a sufficient refund, she then asked me what I thought I should receive, I told her $1,000.00, she then said NO, $250 was the best she could do. Obviously, we are not happy with Bath Fitter, as Im sure the larger sized bath shower they measured, will be sold to another customer with no problem, but we still had to pay for their mistake. Needless to say, we are very unhappy customers. We still feel we should be reimbursed for their mistake.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Return customer
Cons:
  • Too expensive

Preferred solution: Price reduction

AS Aje

Poor quality work

Original review May 10, 2024
Absolute garbage. Cheap products and poor quality work. Do not hire. The owner John Roycraft is not a professional business person. Very rude and unprofessional employees at this business.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not hire

John K Lwk

Commendation

I had an installation many years ago. It is the best money I ever spent on home improvement and their warranty makes their service the most reliable I've ever had.
Pros:
  • Great service
  • Best warranty
Cons:
  • Bit pricey but worth it

Preferred solution: Commendation

User's recommendation: This mauy not be the cheapest but it's the best.

Jonni Iwr
map-marker Calgary, Alberta

Bath to Shower reno- this company stinks!!!!!!

A couple of years back, I had Bath Fitters change my bathtub to a walk-in shower. While working on it they allowed water to run through the floor which damaged my ceilings on the main floor.

Then I had no hot water for days which they eventually fixed but again water damaged my celling's. The Reno guy, which they recommended was horrible and did a very sloppy job. I eventually got a visit from the owner, who said he could help by fixing the ceiling, but when I called him back, he would not return my call. Now I have hot water that comes and goes and periodic leaking through my ceiling.

Now I think I will take them to small claims court, as they don't seem to care. I highly recommend not using this company, they are an uncaring sloppy mess!

Hi Simonne,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about your leaking shower. We have passed your note onto our corporate customer care team and been informed that customer service is directly handling the problem. They will reach out to your local branch to ensure that the repairs are completed. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right - let us know if you have additional questions!

Full refund

Hiroto Ruf

Did you get a full refund? Did you have to take them to court? I am going through the same issues now and want a full refund.

Not as promised. Faulty installation. Delayed installation.

Upon installation, technician cut the tub one inch short I was told it would be two weeks before another tub would be available. So, I waited two weeks and then they said it would be another two weeks.

The manager then offered us another type of shelf at no additional charge. We told him no as this was not what we initially ordered and did not want that style of shelf. Well, four weeks later they returned to install the tub. When complaint was made to manager, I was told there would be NO compensation.

Then I contacted corporate for complaint and was told it was totally at the discretion of the local office. Overall, if you want a job done as promised and on time...look elsewhere.

And if you don't want their bribery with another shelf then you're out of luck. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Hi Traci,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about your tub. We have passed your note onto our corporate customer care team and have been informed that customer service will call you personally to handle the problem. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right—let us know if you have any questions!
Cons:
  • Installation
  • Customer service
Not as described/ advertised

Price reduction

Mikea Kod

Bath Fitter - Bathtub Installation Review

Very displeased with Bath Fitter. I have had terrible service, no contact, and what I was told would be done was not what was executed.

I tried to reach numerous people with my concerns and have never had a call back from the proper person who could help. Totally dissatisfied and still would like to hear from someone.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We have passed your note onto our corporate customer care team and been informed that customer service has called you personally and is handling the problem. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right—let us know if you have additional questions!
Not as described/ advertised
Wayman Asf

Resolved: POOR PLUMBING JOB

On 7/28/16 Bath Fitters in Dumont NJ remodeleled my bathtub, but stupidly turned the hot water temperature down to tepid so I can never have hot water again. No hot shower or bath ever again.

"For my own good" they claim. The hot water in my kitchen sink and bathroom sink is very hot as it should be, but the paranoid Bath Fitter plumber turned the bathtub hot water to slightly above body temperature out of fear of being sued by me for being scalded in the future. This is the reason they gave. Manager and staff repeated this mantra.

"Fear of being sued." "Illegal" Is this *** or what? They should really be scared of having a disgruntled client like me on their hands. Now that Dumont Bath Fitters has been paid in full they blew me off. Tough luck they say.

Go do it yourself. We do not want the responsibility.

Impasse reached. No resolution offered.

Hi Grace,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about your Bath Fitter experience - we apologize for any difficulty and we appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to fix the problem. We have been notified that customer service has already been in touch to address your concerns and that they successfully solved the problem by advising you to adjust the temperature gauge! We're so happy that we were able to find a solution. Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions and thanks again for reaching out.
Levita Pzl

Bath Fitter - Review in Household Services category

Bath Fitters Wilmington NC had a contract to do work to remodel husband's bathroom to be handicap accessible. He is a disabled Veteran Salesman came to do contract.

Work was to be done soon. A few days ago the branch manager, Mr Nisbet, came to go over work plans. He changed everything that was originally to be done. Their website showed handicap roll in shower with built in seat and sliding shower wand and slip resistant floors.

Mr Nisbet said ours was to be a step in shower with a chair and a hand held shower head. They were not going to reinforce any floors to insure the stability where as the salesman said the floors would be done as well.

After contact with dept of veterans we found out that we are not committed to use them even though we were told so. Thankful we found out before they came into do the shoddy work they were getting ready to do

Bath Fitter Reply:
Hi Nancy, thank you so much for reaching out. We appreciate your review and will be sure to reiterate your message to the branch and management so that this does not happen again. Again, we really appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback on your experience.
Order processing issue
map-marker Spokane Valley, Washington

More interested in getting your money than finishing the job

Had my shower installed on Aug 25. When the installer left he said that the shelf we ordered with the shower was out of stock and he would get back to us when the shelf was in so he could install it.

Two weeks later the office called to find out why I hadn't paid my final bill. I said, "I haven't received a bill." It turns out the bill was supposed to be left by the installer but wasn't. I foolishly paid the bill. Then I asked when my shelf would be installed.

The women I was speaking with said she didn't know anything about the shelf but would check and get back to me. A month later I called again. Yes the shelf was in and she would get back to me to when an installer was available to put the shelf in. Several weeks later I called again.

Yes, there would be an installer out on Oct 27 (two months after the shower was installed) to install the shelf. At 7:00 the evening of the 27th we received a phone call from the installer. His job was running late and he would have to reschedule the shelf install. Three weeks later, just before Thanksgiving I called again.

The women didn't know anything about the shelf not being installed but would check and contact me the following Monday to schedule an install date for the shelf. Today is Dec 2. I called again. Checking her schedule I was told that there would be someone in the area about Dec 19 and she would contact me about having the shelf installed.

The mistake I made was paying for the shower before the job was finished.

Could I recommend this company to someone else? No.

Bath Fitter Reply:
Hi Stephen, thank you so much for your review and letting us know about your experience. We will pass your message along to our customer service team and branch management so that this does not happen in the future. Thanks again for your review.
Preferred solution:

Deliver product or service ordered

Bath Fitter - Review in Household Services category

I have contacted and been contacted about a tile issue from Bathfitters, Wilmington, NC. They have not contacted me back to say what is going to happen with my tile replacement that they knocked off. I sent pictures and no response.

Hi James,

Thanks for writing and letting us know about this. We have passed your note onto our corporate customer care team, who will reach out to your local branch in order to address your concerns. Feel free to update us once an appointment is made, or have any additional questions.

Thanks again!

Bath Fitter - Bathtub Warranty Review

Bath Fitter - Bathtub Warranty Review
Bath Fitter - Bathtub Warranty Review - Image 2

This was installed 3 years ago, suppose to be lifetime warranty. I contacted local person in town, he looked me up on computer and said to me"I can't do nothing for you".

I never met a more dishonest co.

Buyer Beware!! Go to Lowes!!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing and telling us about your experience. We apologize for any inconveniences that you’ve faced and we would love the opportunity to resolve the issue. If you could reply back to us or email customercare@bathfitter.com, our corporate customer care team will be able to contact your local branch in order to address your concerns.

Thanks again!
map-marker Lewisberry, Pennsylvania

Silicon caulk.

Prior to installation I was told not to paint our unfinished bathroom so I held of (only Kilnz primer) two days before installation the rep old me I could go ahead and paint. I decided to wait.

After installation while I was cutting in I discovered that he installer had used silicone caulk which is great unless it is to inches from the shower insert. NOT HAPPY! Now I must remove all of the old (and new caulk) and start over.

Company did a poor job of communicating the materials that would be used for installation. It was obvious they knew I would be following the install with paint.

Bath Fitter Reply:
Hi Kevin, thank you so much for your review. We will pass your message along to our team to ensure that this does not happen again. In the meantime, we encourage you to call our customer service team at 1-800-892-2847. Thank you again for writing.
Pros:
  • Every employee was very nice hard working and respectful
Cons:
  • Attention to detail no one uses a inch caulk bead
  • Attention to detail
Lack of communication.
Preferred solution:

Let the company propose a solution

map-marker North Little Rock, Arkansas

Too expensive for what we got

after being promised that the job would be finished in one day by 2 to 3 workers, one guy showed up and worked late and still did not finish. The shower doors did not close right, silicone caulk was everywhere.

My walls were marked up. He did not use anything to cover my floors or sinks. Our water pressure was reduced dramatically. Our shower looks like it belongs in a trailer.

I wish I had never heard of Bathfitter. What they promise and what they delivered are two separate things.

You would be better off finding a legitimate contractor.

Bath Fitter Reply:
Hi there, customer satisfaction is an absolute priority and we want to make sure you are completely happy with your Bath Fitter! Please reach out to your local branch at 866-853-0517 or our customer service team at customercare@bathfitter.com. If you provide your contact information, we can also make sure a team member contacts you. Thanks for reaching out and allowing us to address your concern.
Cons:
  • Poor service
map-marker Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Bath Fitter - Bathtub Installation Review from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Rep came to house. Explained in great detail about product and company.

Called when ready, set up time for plumber and tub installion.

Every single person was professional, courteous and did a great job. We are extremely satisfied with the product and the people who work for them.

Hello,

Thanks for writing. We're so glad that you had such a positive experience with Bath Fitter! We hope you continue to enjoy your new bathroom. Feel free to reach out if there's anything further we can do for you :)

Thanks
Good customer service
map-marker Lebanon, Indiana

Bath Fitter - Review in Household Services category from Lebanon, Indiana

This company is very poor on follow up of needed repair. Never return phone calls. I would not recommend them

Bath Fitter Reply:
Hello, thank you so much for writing. We would love to follow up with you and if you provide your contact information, we'll make sure that a team member reach out to you. We also encourage you to reach out to our customer service team at customercare@bathfitter.com or call 1-800-892-2847. Thanks again for reaching out.
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article