Reply by Bath Fitter Apr 07, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience. Customer service is very important to us and if you could kindly email customercare@bathfitter.com detailing your situation, our corporate customer care team will address your concerns.

Thank you.
Author's
Rensselaer, Indiana

I called bath fitters and had got an appointment to have them to come out to give us an estimate on covering up our old tub and redoing just the area around the tub.The guy that came, not to mention any names, went into our bathroom and measured the tub area with a tape measure, not a laser tape like they advertise on television.

He sat down with us and discussed with my wife and I what they would do and give us a price. The sales man told us that it would be done in a day to a day and a half at the most. We both thought the price was too high but we both figured it would be quicker to have them do it than me doing it, even though I could have done it myself and done it cheaper than what they was charging us to do it and it still would have been faster just to have them to do it instead. So we both agreed upon it and give them a down payment.

On March 11, 2016 they came to our house to put the new wall and tub over the top of our existing tub. The wall was cut too long & bowed. Then come to find out, after spending most of the day at our home, the guy told us that he grabbed the wrong tub so he couldn’t complete the job. They told us that they would have to come back.

They came back the next day, spread this black primer “glue” all over our existing tub then found out the tub liner would not fit our existing tub. They said it would take at least a week to get the correct fitting one & they would have to tear out our existing tub. Since they had already tore out our shower doors we had to buy a shower curtain & mat to stand on since the “glue” was too sticky to stand on so we could shower with the black primer “glue”. So in other words we had to deal with this nasty looking tub for at least a week.

A week later they come back and brought the new tub liner to replace with our old tub, which they took out that day & had to take down the wall they had already done since they didn’t have the correct measurement to begin with. Not only did they have to change our tub out the 2nd time they came, they didn’t get the shower doors level. We found this out 24 hrs. later after we were able to use the shower again.

So a different guy come back to see what the problem was and come to find out that the other guy didn’t level the front of the tub up with the back so that made the shower doors slide forward. So the guy had to raise the track up so that the doors wouldn’t slide on their own, into which leaves a gap underneath it now and it looks like ***. They also scratched up our door trim & door trying to work the tub & wall into our bathroom. When I said they were scratching it they said they didn’t do it, it was already like that.

We were impressed with how well (like new) the wood trim looked for as old as the house is when we first looked at it to buy it. Not only that they didn’t clean up there mess in our yard either times. I had to clean it up myself. Just to make a long story short and to put it into words we are not happy at all with the outcome of the finished product.

So I hope that others will do their research before hiring this company to do a job for them.That is all I have to say.

Review about: Bath Fitter Bathroom Remodelling.

1.3
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $5217
Preferred solution Price reduction or come back and fix it right.

Had an Experience with Bath Fitter?

Submit review